(CATSKILL, N.Y.) – An all-star lineup of dance ensembles, including Dorrance Dance, Gallim Dance, KEIGWIN + COMPANY, Paul Taylor Dance Company, and Pontus Lidberg Dance are taking part in the second annual Hudson Valley Dance Festival at the Historic Catskill Point on Saturday, October 11, 2014, at 5pm. The event is produced by and benefits Dancers Responding to AIDS, a program of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.
After a sold-out inaugural performance last year that raised an impressive $76,950 for those most vulnerable among us, Dancers Responding to AIDS will once again transform Catskill Point’s 115-year-old wooden warehouse into a modern-day dance venue, complete with raised seating for 350.
This year’s Hudson Valley Dance Festival (#hvdance) program will include:
- Dorrance Dance, pushing the boundaries of tap rhythmically, aesthetically and conceptually with choreography by artistic director Michelle Dorrance, featuring Dorrance Dance company members
- Gallim Dance, showcasing its fearless physicality and pure imagination in Pupil Suite, choreographed by artistic director and 2014 Guggenheim Fellow Andrea Miller
- KEIGWIN + COMPANY, presenting one of founder Larry Keigwin’s signature dances, Mattress Suite, which delights and explores various romantic entanglements
- Paul Taylor Dance Company, featuring 16 dancers examining a kaleidoscope of emotions in Promethean Fire, one of Taylor’s best dances of the 21st century
- Pontus Lidberg Dance, performing the inspiring Faune using fluid movement to match Claude Debussy’s sensuous score in a quest for identity and acceptance
Hudson Valley Dance Festival will feature one performance only, beginning at 5 pm at the Historic Catskill Point, 1 Main Street in Catskill.
Ticket prices range from $40-$250.
Tickets are available online now at dradance.org or by calling 212.840.0770, ext. 229.
The money raised at Hudson Valley Dance Festival will help Broadway Cares provide grants, with the fundraising support of DRA, to more than 450 AIDS and family service organizations nationwide, helping to ensure that those in need have access to lifesaving medications, counseling, healthy meals and emergency financial assistance.